- A SERIES of Sunday afternoon bike rides, which will provide a breath of fresh air and fitness throughout the summer, is getting under way.
The Bike Time series of rides organised by Merseyside Cycling Campaign and Merseyside TravelWise are aimed at all types of cyclists from beginners and families to experienced cyclists.
The next ride is on April 18 and will be joined by Merseyside Police cyclists as part of their spring patrol which goes along the Liverpool Loop Line starting at Hunts Cross station and arriving at Croxteth Park in time for tea.
Bike Time events take place on the first and third Sundays on the month from April to September, with all rides lasting two to three hours including refreshment stops.
Sarah Dewar, of Travelwise said:- "Last year we ran a competition in which entrant had to complete a phrase, the winning entry said; "Bike Time is brilliant because it's a cool way to keep fit, go places and make friends."
The full list of Bike Time events and Route Meeting Points:-
18 April Liverpool Loop Line Hunts Cross Station
- 2 May Wirral Waterfront Seacombe Ferry
- 16 May Crosby Marina Blundellsands and Crosby
- 6 June Ainsdale Lanes Ainsdale Station
- 13 June Wildflower Tour Broadgreen Station
- 20 June Sefton Coast Southport Station
- 4 July Sefton Park St Michael's Station
- 18 July West Kirby Coastal Leasowe Station
- 1 August Sankey Valley St Helens Central
- 15 August Canal Route Pier Head
- 5 Sept Parkgate Eastham Rake Station
- 19 Sept Village Lanes Hunts Cross Station