free web stats
Your free online newspaper for Merseyside...  

Read our Tracking & Cookie Usage Policy

Email | Latest edition | Archive | Terms & Conditions

Business Index Search




Latest Edition

Back to Archive

Please beware that this is an archived news page.

This page has been archived as a historical record only.


Some features and links on this page might no longer be functioning.

© 2000-2013

PCBT Photography

Southport Reporter® is the Registered Trade Mark of Patrick Trollope.

Get your Google PageRank

Southport & Mersey Reporter® covering the news on Merseyside.

Date:- 26 November 2007

Your news... Your words...

Email us your stories and news!

Craven Minor JFL Reports & Fixtures

Craven Minor JFL Results 25 November 2007

Under 8

Birkdale United D 0-5 Formby JSC A
Ormskirk FC 3-0 Birkdale United S
Redgate Rovers Green 4-0 Formby JSC B
Southport FC Juniors 0-3 Redgate Rovers Black
Town Green Tigers 3-0 Redgate Rovers Yellow
Southport Trinity B 0-5 Town Green Lions
Craven Minor JFL

Under 11

Formby JSC B 4-2 Birkdale United B
Southport FC Juniors 6-4 Redgate Rovers Green
Redgate Rovers Yellow 9-1 Ainsdale Juniors B
Hesketh Colts Red 3-6 Formby JSC A
Southport Trinity 1-2 Town Green
Birkdale United J 4-2 Hesketh Colts Blue

Under 13

Southport FC Juniors 4-1 Redgate Rovers
Ormskirk West End Blue 6-0 Burscough FC Juniors
Jaguars 9-0 Kingsford
Ainsdale Juniors A 2-2 Town Green Aughton
Town Green Maghull 3-4 Formby JSC

Under 15

Crosby Keys 0-4 Redgate Rovers
Ainsdale Juniors 1-1 Town Green
Birkdale United 9-0 Southport Trinity
Porto 2-7 Fortune

Under 16

Formby Dons 2-5 Woodland
Town Green 3-1 Southport FC Juniors
Formby JSC 3-3 Cross House

Match Reports 25 November 2007

Under 9

Ormskirk W E 3 Tarleton Corinthians 0

Both Tarleton and OWE wanted to dominate from the first whistle. Lewis Dunn had two unlucky shots that hit the goal post and Tarleton were denied by Peter, OWE's goalie.

Then Joel Seddon ran down the pitch, passed to Mathew Carrigan, who took a shot, it re-bounded and Saul Dale scored.

The second goal was similar except it was Jordan Seddon who took the shot but again it came back out and luckily Saul Dale was there to nail it!

In the 2nd half after a couple of changes, OWE took a few minutes to adjust. Once they did they dominated the half. Joe Stanley was unlucky with a couple of his attempts, one with his feet, the other with his head but the ball just refused to go in.

The passing was great with one move in particular involving Joe Stanley, Mathew Carrigan and Jordan, ripped through the heart of Tarleton's defence but still the ball would not go in.

Then a corner came, Mathew Carrigan took it, straight to Joe Stanley's head and he finished with style.

A good game of end to end football today and a great result, well done OWE.

Under 10
Rainford 0 Colts 0

Rainford today played hosts to Hesketh Colts Red. The game began at a brisk pace with both teams contesting the ball well and with some passing moves that was excellent to watch. Rainford was first to test the opposition’s defence when Jake Arkell went through one on one with the Colts keeper. The latter was quick off the mark and dove bravely to smother the ball at the striker’s feet. Two minutes later Ryan Jones threaded a superb pass through for the Rainford striker but again the Colts keeper was equal to his low strike. Hesketh began to make some inroads into the Rainford half but Callum Deeming and Danny Bonnell were both strong in the tackles and quick to clear any danger. Colts best chance came midway through the half when the number 9 shrugged off a challenge and went on a mazy run on goal. Great defence from Morgan Benson and Jake Arkell ensured the colts striker was denied. Scott Stoneley was working the Right flank well and repeatedly forced the ball into the Colts penalty area. The defenders stood firm restricting Rainford to snap shots from the edge of the area. Deadlock was almost broken when Ryan Jones sent Danny Glover through on goal but his curling effort went just wide of the upright.

Rainford rung the changes at half time bringing on Kieran Case on the right Sean Marsh in the centre and George Reid on the left. With Morgan Benson resuming his usual strikers role. The change almost had an immediate effect when Kieran Case started and almost finished a move from half way with his shot creeping just wide. The Reds replied with three corners in quick succession forcing Ryan Jones into 2 fine saves. Sean Marsh began his trademark passes into the gaps in between the defenders but Morgan Benson was unable to break the Excellent Colts defence. Colts again came close at the other end when a strong cross zipped across the face of the goalmouth after a wicked deflection. George Reid on the left tore down the flank driving the ball into the box but neither defence was going to be broken today.

At full time honours were even at 0 - 0. A fair result. Well done to the Reds for their part in an excellent game of football played fairly and in the right spirit.
Town Green Spartak 1 Formby B 0 Formby JSCB almost pulled off what would have been the double over Town Green Spartak on Sunday but the brave battlers threw away all their good work in the final minute of a pulsating match at Winifred Lane, Aughton.

The home side began well enough putting the Formby JSCB defence under increasing pressure and as a result forced three corners in quick succession but the Formby back line were holding firm.
Adam Cullen and Matthew Lloyd were clearing their lines well at the back for Formby but Town Green were constantly out numbering the defenders which made it extremely difficult for Formby.

Matthew Lloyd then managed to push his defence out and found Rhoss De Andrade down the wing, Rhoss battled to get the cross in but became outnumbered and the danger was snuffed out once more.

From a Patrick Travers corner, Matthew Lloyd saw his volley blocked by the defence and Sam Carragher's effort was just wide of the near post.

Formby almost took the lead as the second half began when Rhoss De Andrade almost found Max Robinson but the home sides defence got back to deny Max at the last second.

Town Green had a few good efforts but Matthew Lloyd and Adam Cullen headed the danger clear on both occasions.

Daniel Gardiner was then called into action when he saved brilliantly from a number 18 free kick. Shortly afterwards saw the save of the season from Daniel Gardiner. Town Green's number 11 was in acres of space and he fired in a superb shot which Daniel Gardiner touched brilliantly onto the top of the cross bar and Adam Cullen hoofed the ball to safety.

Then came the heartbreak. With seconds remaining Formby JSCB won a corner. Instead of sitting back and taking the point everyone pushed forward. The corner was swung in and Matthew Lloyd got his head to it but the Town Green defence scrambled the ball clear. The Formby players raced back and covered well but just when the ball looked like it was going out the entire Formby defence stood still and the Town Green winger kept running, kept it in and crossed the ball into the middle where the defenders all missed the ball and the home side's number 11 slammed the ball past Daniel Gardiner to snatch all three points.

Men of the match were defenders Adam Cullen and Matthew Lloyd for some excellent defensive play despite being outnumbered on many occasions. Also our third man of the match today was goalkeeper Daniel Gardiner, if it wasn't for him, it could have been a much worse result.

Under 11
Southport Jnrs 6 Redgate Green 4

Redgate came to Southport with a point to prove as their previous encounter Southport ran riot and were worthy winners. The weather played a big part in the game as howling winds and rain tested both teams on a soggy pitch, Southport started the better and Anthony Brown making his mark early on by controlling the centre of the park. He set up the first goal by sending Jorge Jones free inside the box who shot wide of the oncoming keeper and into the net. The next Southport attack saw a move involving Robson Baldwin and Brown to link up with Jones who rifled a shot into the net from the edge of the box for his second in as many minutes. Redgate struggled to contain Southport at this point and Dan Thompson latched on to a loose ball wide on the left wing he cut in and lobbed a shot over the keeper and into the net for a truly outstanding goal, minutes later Thompson found himself free and he unleashed trade mark thunderbolt that flew into the net giving the keeper no chance. Redgate rallied round and against the run of play they broke free and Dan Adobous shot was palmed away by Callum Jones only for a Redgate striker to net from close range. The half time break was due but from a goal kick Arron Ken beat the defender to the ball and drew the keeper before placing his shot high into the roof of the net.   The second half was much closer and Redgate the more threatening throughout but Southport missed chances to extend their lead when Owen Drummond, Ryan Pytel and James Smith were denied by great saves by the Redgate Keeper who was superb in the second half. Oliver Cunningham sent a deep cross from a free kick into the area which eluded everyone and found Will Wilson unmarked to smash a shot inside the far post and evidently seal the game for Southport. Redgate dead and buried came back with a vengeance and showed a lot of character by pushing Southport back into their own half, this paid dividends and the impressive Dan Adobus netted a hat trick in ten minutes the third being the pick of the bunch when he hit a bullet of a shot into the top left hand corner of the net from way outside the box. Both teams gave their all and credit to them all as the football played was in a very honest and sporting manner, the man of the match for Southport was Oliver Cunningham for giving a brilliant display of defending and winning every header that came his way.

Trinity 1 Town Green 2

This match between Trinity and Town Green, played at the Rookery, in weather conditions more befitting Siberia than Southport, had it all.

Town Green started well and had the majority of possession in the first half. Some fantastic team play saw Town Green take the lead through a perfectly timed goal from the magnificent Keiron Turner. Some tremendous goalkeeping and breathtaking saves by Anthony Caunce denied Trinity the equaliser and the half time score finished 1-0 in TG's favour.    ...continued...

...continued...  The second half started in similar vein, with both team vying for contention. However, the outstanding number 17 for Trinity played a delightful ball over the TG defence for their forward, Max Regan, to run on to, to bring the scoreline equal. Game on.

Town Green stepped up their game at this point. After some clever Town Green play, the outstanding Connor Stockwell chipped a ball from the left with his right foot which flew past the Trinity keeper for Town Green's second.

With both teams fired up, and with everything to play for, an intense game of football ensued. The Town Green defenders felt the pressure from every Trinity attack but some brave tackles by the in-form Jake Beesley and dependable Danny Pugh, Theo Chrisokhou and Rian Eades protected their goal excellently. JJ McNicholas had exactly the same impact when he came on as sub.

Yet again, the ever improving John Donson in midfield fed some excellent balls through to George Newell, Connor Tierney and Jack McGregor in attack and they were all unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Callum Birchall worked hard on the wing and created many problems for the Trinity defence.

It was a shame that one team had to lose this match as both teams played so well and fought extremely hard. The Trinity goalkeeper had an excellent game and played with confidence and authority in his goal. The whole Trinity team played outstandingly, but on this occasion, the win went to Town Green.

Town Green had many contenders for Man of the Match today. However, an excellent individual performance by Josh Donson earned him the accolade. He worked tirelessly in midfield, produced some beautiful passes and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself. Well done, Josh.

Under 14
Skem Rangers 3 Redgate Yellow 4

A very good start by Rangers to the match saw them go into a 2 - 0 lead with Callum Owen scoring followed by a great shot from Jordan Maloney. Within 2 mins of Rangers 2nd Goal Redgate pounced, first a great low shot hit with power under the keeper and straight from the restart down the wing to squeeze in at the near post. Just before HT Callum Owen sprinted through to chip the ball over the keeper for a 3 - 2 lead.

Second half Redgate played some delightful football which led to Rangers defence looking a bit out of sorts. A defensive clearance hit another Rangers player which bounced kindly to the advancing Redgate striker to level the game. Rangers did have a few chances but couldn’t get the ball into the net before a Redgate free kick was knocked into the box and converted to score the winning goal.

Man of the Match:- Jordan Addison.

Town Green 6 Ainsdale 1

This was always going to be a difficult draw for Ainsdale playing the league leaders Town Green who have been on cracking form this season. Ainsdale started well keeping Town Green at bay for 15 minutes, but a break by Town green led to their first goal. A second goal followed within minutes. Ainsdale’s heads went down and a lacklustre performance followed for the rest of the first half, resulting in Town green scoring twice more.

Ainsdale’s second half performance was more determined there was a renewed vigor in their play. Ainsdale’s Rhys Crowther was forced to make save after save with the help of Chris Huneidi, Ross Kedian, Jack Audsley and Tom Harrison who beat back the Town Green attacks. Jamie Segar was unlucky not to score when his shot hit the post. Liam Getchell darted up the left wing crossing the ball for Paul Simms to score. More shots reigned in from Getchell on the left and Lee Tierney on the right, but the excellent TG keeper held off Ainsdale. Despite Ainsdale’s efforts TG scored 2 more goals the game was well and truly won.

Ainsdale's MOM this week was Lee Tierney who, in the words of his Manager was ''Awesome''. His speed and strength gave TG defenders no end of problems. Well done!

Results 25 November 2007

Under 9 – Leopards

Birkdale United 0-1 Town Green
Ormskirk FC 0-2 Southport Trinity A
Formby JSC A 3-1 Southport FC Juniors A
Burscough FC Juniors 4-1 Redgate Rovers Yellow
Deepdale 0-5 Formby JSC B

Under 9 – Panthers

Ainsdale Juniors 0-3 Southport Trinity B
Ormskirk West End 3-0 Tarleton Corinthians
Jaguars Red 2-0 Southport FC Juniors B
Jaguars White 1-5 Redgate Rovers Green

Under 10 – Eagles

Southport Trinity A 3-3 Birkdale United
Southport FC Juniors A 1-4 Town Green Inter
Southport FC Juniors B 1-0 Redgate Rovers Green

Under 10 – Hawks

Redgate Rovers Yellow 6-1 Ainsdale Juniors
Southport Trinity B 4-0 Hesketh Colts Blue
Town Green Spartak 1-0 Formby JSC B
Rainford Rangers 0-0 Hesketh Colts Red

Under 12

Southport FC Juniors A 2-5 Diesel Boys
Ainsdale Juniors 0-0 Formby JSC B
Ormskirk West End 1-2 Town Green
Formby JSC 2-1 Birkdale United
Southport Trinity 6-1 Southport FC Juniors O
Hesketh Colts 0-2 Redgate Rovers

Under 14

Southport Trinity 7-2 Redgate Rovers Green
Town Green 2-2 Formby JSC
Skem Rangers 3-4 Redgate Rovers Yellow
Ainsdale Juniors 7-2 Ormskirk West End
Southport FC Juniors 2-4 Birkdale United

Craven Minor JFL Fixtures 1 December 2007

Under 11

Ainsdale Juniors B v Redgate Rovers Green
Formby JSC A v Birkdale United B
Town Green v Southport FC Juniors
Hesketh Colts Blue v Redgate Rovers Yellow
Ainsdale Juniors A v Southport Trinity
Birkdale United J v Formby JSC B

Under 13 – Tom Galvin Cup

Ormskirk West End Blue v Southport FC Juniors
Redgate Rovers v Jaguars
Town Green Maghull v Southport Trinity League

Ormskirk West End Maroon v Burscough FC Juniors
Kingsford v Ainsdale Juniors B
Ainsdale Juniors A v Formby JSC

Under 15

Ainsdale Juniors v Fortune
Southport Trinity v Town Green
Porto v Birkdale United
Crosby Keys v Redgate Rovers
Under 16 – Adam Bell Cup
Formby JSC v Burscough FC Juniors


Formby Dons v Southport FC Juniors
Ainsdale v Woodland
Town Green v Cross House

Craven Minor JFL Fixtures 2 December 2007

Under 7

Formby JSC A v Birkdale United
Town Green Jaguars v Formby JSC B
Redgate Rovers Green v Redgate Rovers Black
Southport FC Juniors v Redgate Rovers Yellow
Southport Trinity A v Town Green Pumas

Under 8 - Lions

Town Green Lions v Formby JSC A
Ormskirk FC v Southport Trinity A
Birkdale United S v Redgate Rovers Green

Under 8 - Tigers

Formby JSC B v Redgate Rovers Black
Redgate Rovers Yellow v Town Green Tigers
Southport Trinity B v Southport FC Juniors

Under 9 - Leopards

Southport Trinity A v Birkdale United
Southport FC Juniors A v Town Green
Redgate Rovers Yellow v Ormskirk FC
Formby JSC B v Formby JSC A
Deepdale v Burscough FC Juniors

Under 9 - Panthers

Tarleton Corinthians v Southport Trinity B
Southport FC Juniors B v Redgate Rovers Black
Redgate Rovers Green v Ormskirk West End
Jaguars White v Jaguars Red

Under 10 - Eagles

Birkdale United v Southport FC Juniors A
Town Green Inter v Southport FC Juniors B
Formby JSC A v Redgate Rovers Green

Under 10 - Hawks

Ainsdale Juniors v Southport Trinity B
Redgate Rovers Yellow v Town Green Spartak
Hesketh Colts Blue v Rainford Rangers
Formby JSC B v Hesketh Colts Red

Under 12

Southport FC Juniors O v Hesketh Colts
Town Green v Southport Trinity
Birkdale United v Ormskirk West End
Southport FC Juniors A v Ainsdale Juniors
Formby JSC B v Formby JSC A
Diesel Boys v Redgate Rovers
Under 14 – Allen Langfeld Cup
Southport Trinity v Formby JSC
Redgate Rovers Yellow v Ainsdale Juniors
Town Green v Billinge Juniors


Hesketh Colts v Birkdale United
Skem Rangers v Ormskirk West End

Click on to find out more!

Email Us Your News Now

Get Skype and get calling today!  Then you can call us for FREE from any location in the world via your PC! Our radio station phone in message line...   Call us now!