Southport Reporter (R) Bourder
Southport & Mersey Reporter - Mobile

Click on here to go to latest edition's main page.

  Search Edition Archive  

Visit our online shop...


Click on to go to our hub website.

Latest Edition   Archive   Shop   Email   Mersey Reporter
Please support our advertiser below...

For more recommended businesses click on here...

Weekly Edition - Published  5 December 2015


Local News Report - Mobile Page


Christmas boost for married couples in the North West

WITH 500,000 people eligible for receiving Marriage Allowance in the North West, married couples are being reminded to apply for a Christmas cash boost by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Applying online for Marriage Allowance; a Tax break for married couples; is quick and easy. Couples can apply at:- Gov.UK/Marriage-Allowance

The Allowance means a spouse or civil partner who doesn't pay Tax; either because they're not earning at all or because they're earning below £10,600; can transfer up to £1,060 of their personal Tax-free allowance to a spouse or civil partner; as long as the recipient of the transfer doesn't pay more than the basic rate of Income Tax. This can help save couples up to £212 a year.

Ruth Owen, Director General, Personal Tax, HMRC, said:- "Marriage Allowance means couples up and down the country can get a bit of extra support at a time of year when we all need a little more cash. Whether you use it to buy presents for the family or put it away for a rainy day Marriage Allowance means saving £212 on your Tax bill every year. People can apply at any point in the Tax year and still receive the full benefit of the allowance."


News Report Page Quick Flick.

Click on here to go to the mobile menu page for this edition. News Report Page Quick Flick

Read this page.

Southport Reporter (R) Bourder




 RSS Our Weekly Headlines


(+44)  08443 244 195
Calls to this number may be recorded for security, broadcast, training and record keeping.

4a Post Office Ave, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 0US, UK


Click on to see our Twitter Feed.  Click on to see our Facebook Page.  Click on to follow our LinkedIn Profile. This website is licence to carry news from and UK Press Photography. 

This is our media complains system...

We are regulated by IMPRESS, the independent monitor for the UK's press.

How to make a complaint
Complaints Policy
Complaints Procedure
Whistle Blowing Policy


Southport Reporter® is the
Registered Trade Mark of Patrick Trollope