Southport Reporter (R) Bourder
Southport & Mersey Reporter - Mobile

Click on here to go to latest edition's main page.

  Search Edition Archive  

Visit our online shop...


Click on to go to our hub website.

Latest Edition   Archive   Shop   Email   Mersey Reporter
Please support our advertiser below...

For more recommended businesses click on here...

Weekly Edition - Publication date:- 2016-12-16

-en Southport & Mersey Reporter

Local News Report  - Mobile Page


'Search' for issues when buying a property

A legal expert is advising property buyers to choose the right type of 'search' when planning a purchase.  Sarah Barnes, head of the Residential Property team at regional law firm Napthens, which operates an office in Southport, explained that when purchasing a property; especially when using a mortgage; it is advisable to obtain what is known as a search pack.

This will include a local search, water and drainage information, environmental and flood searches. The local search reveals various useful information regarding a property, but will only search within the boundaries.

Sarah warns that if a property buyer is concerned or interested to learn of issues outside the immediate boundaries, such as planning applications, a search known as a 'plan search' will need to be undertaken instead. She said:- "This is an additional cost, but is extremely worthwhile if you are concerned about the development of a field or unused area near to your property, for instance.  A local search will provide information in relation to the roadways serving the property, whether there are any planning permission and applications and a vast amount of other information. This information can often be particularly difficult to understand, as a large amount of information is included within one document; most of which can appear confusing and lengthy. A legal adviser will review the local search, highlight any issues you need to be aware of and will raise any queries with the seller's lawyer about any entry revealed in the search which is unclear or requires them to provide documentation.Other information including whether the property is located in a conservation area, if it's a listed building or is subject to a community infrastructure levy. This is all useful information, but sometimes more is needed. In that instance, a plan search is the best option, and a legal adviser will make sure the correct type is available."


News Report Page Quick Flick.

Click on here to go to the mobile menu page for this edition. News Report Page Quick Flick

Read this page.

Southport Reporter (R) Bourder




 RSS Our Weekly Headlines


(+44)  08443 244 195
Calls to this number may be recorded for security, broadcast, training and record keeping.

4a Post Office Ave, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 0US, UK


Click on to see our Twitter Feed.  Click on to see our Facebook Page.  Click on to follow our LinkedIn Profile. This website is licence to carry news from and UK Press Photography. 

This is our media complains system...

We are regulated by IMPRESS, the independent monitor for the UK's press.

How to make a complaint
Complaints Policy
Complaints Procedure
Whistle Blowing Policy


Southport Reporter® is the
Registered Trade Mark of Patrick Trollope