Local Cricket Club's want you to cast their vote for them in
CRICKET enthusiasts from Southport and Merseyside are
being invited to cast their vote for "Bowled Over," an exciting
new award which showcases what makes amateur cricket great.
Churchtown Cricket Club from Southport, Merseyside, is among a shortlist of 10
clubs and was nominated for its continued strives for greatness on the field, in
memory of Phil Carder, former chairman of the club. Launched by sporting
insurance provider, BusinessInsuranceFor.com, "Bowled Over" is
showcasing cricketers, enthusiasts and cricket club employees' passion for the
sport and what makes them proud of their local club.
Cricket lovers can now support their local club Churchtown Cricket Club by
online, before 5pm, on Tuesday, 18 April
2017, choosing from the following top 10 clubs:-
1. Oakmere Cricket Club - Northwich, Cheshire.
2. Eastbourne Cricket Club - Eastbourne, East Sussex.
3. Churchtown Cricket Club - Southport, Merseyside.
4. Hailsham Cricket Club - Hailsham, East Sussex.
5. Whitburn Cricket Club - Whitburn, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear.
6. Great Preston Cricket Club - Preston, Lancashire.
7. Mountain Ash Cricket Club - Mountain Ash, Cynon Valley, South Wales.
8. Mayfield Cricket Club - East Sussex.
9. Norcross Cricket Club - Thornton-Cleveley, Blackpool.
10. Bledlow Cricket Club - Buckinghamshire.
The winning entry will be based on the highest number of public votes, coupled
with the decision of an expert independent judging panel:- Guy Evans Tipping,
Chief Executive of The Cricketer magazine, Wayne Greve, Founder of
LastManStands.com and Colin Graves, Chairman of the ECB (England and Wales
As well as gaining the prestigious title of the "Bowled Over"
champion, the winning club will also receive a commemorative plaque, while its
nominee will win £300 to spend on top sporting equipment site Morrant.com.
Jeremy Goodacre from BusinessInsuranceFor.com, commented:- "We wanted to
host "Bowled Over" to celebrate the best amateur cricket clubs across Britain
and highlight the great scenery, unique pavilions, inspiring members and real
impact on local communities that these clubs have. Now it's down to the public
and our independent judging panel to choose the winner, so we urge everyone in
Southport and Merseyside to get voting online and support their local club."
The full terms and conditions for "Bowled Over" are available